Thursday, January 28, 2010

Don't make me get back on the boat!

Today is my last day in Hawaii. I am dreading stepping back on the boat for nine straight days. Hawaii has been absolutely gorgeous and I believe I will move here immediately upon my return from Semester at Sea.

On Tuesday I went on an excursion with one of my Professors to a preserved rainforest in Hawaii. We also saw a black sand beach, complete with giant sea turtles and went to Volcanoes National park.






Here is a picture of all the students from the Commerce school and the academic dean of the ship at the black sand beach:


On Wednesday we arrived in Honolulu, HI. If I thought Hilo was beautiful, I was not prepared for Honolulu. Everything you have ever pictured about Hawaii is exactly what Honolulu looks like. Jason, our friend Flo, and I took a phenomenal scenic route to Lanikai Beach in a rented Mustang convertible. I still can't believe this is school for me. Again I only took video of the drive so unfortunately I can't show you right now how incredible it was. Here

On our last day we woke up early to visit Pearl Harbor. We visited the USS Arizona Memorial. It was fascinating and very humbling.






Annecdote:
1/28/10: Two quarts of oil a day still seeps from the USS Arizona. I was able to capture a picture of it leaking from the submerged battleship.


Sorry for the short posts, I will describe more in text while I'm at sea. Right now I have been piggybacking off a restaurant's wireless in Honolulu for about 2 hours and I am starting to get mean looks so I don't have time to add more. Hopefully during my next nine days at sea I can figure out how to more effectively download my videos.

My next stop is Japan. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment